"What Lies Behind Us And What Lies Before Us Are Small Matters Compared To What Lies Within Us" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Weekend

Ian got off work Friday and was going to be leaving for the weekend to go Deer Hunting with his friend James. So I decided since I was already off I would drive to Logan when Ian went and spend the weekend with Jame's wife Tiffanie!

So Friday morning after stopping at McDonald's for a quick breakfast Ian and I set off for Logan! Woohoo! I <3 Logan :) It makes me happy when I get to go back. Although I don't think I would want to live there again...it is such a fun little town and brings back old memories everytime we go.

Tiff and I decided we were going to make Halloween sugar cookies to frost and decorate while the guys were gone. So first we made the dough, and then hit the park for a little play time with her two little kids.  Later we took a trip to Macey's (I LOVE MACEY'S!) and picked up groceries including fun stuff to decorate our cookies with! After all that it was time for dinner and what better way to spend it eating out while the husbands are away :) So off to Chili's we went!!!

There we induldged in their chips and salsa and of course the queso. Yum. Next up were the RIBS and boy did we enjoy them. (can anyone say extra napkins and more bbq sauce please?) 

And how can you leave Chili's without one of these?


You can't.

So yes, we did get it and yes we ate all of it.
Oh yeah.

Needless to say we were full and satisfied by the time we left. Our service was great and it made for such a fun night! Later after the kids went to sleep Tiffanie and I stayed up to cut out our cookie dough and baked the bat, spider, witch, pumpkin, and ghost shapes for decorating! Oh and then we stayed up even LATER talking and laughing in bed just like we were teenagers. Fun and totally worth it, but I'm pretty sure we both could have used naps the next day ;)

Saturday
Saturday morning Tiffanie made pancakes for breakfast, and yes I put peanut butter on them. She even made homemade syrup. MY FAVORITE. Later we went shopping at TJ Maxx & Ross. (two of the best stores ever) and I found something I have been wanting for the baby's room. Hopefully it works out like I am thinking...



We also found a little sidewalk sale with cute little handmade flower bows and clips that we had to check out for Tiff's little girl!

After all that we finally decided to frost our sugar cookies (the best part, but most time consuming) So we made our frosting, pulled out our food coloring, sprinkles, gel, and candy corns :) I think they turned out pretty good!




  What do you think? :) Thanks Tiff. It was a spectacular weekend.


PS. While in Logan I caught up with my friend Emily and went to lunch at one of the best places this little town has to offer.


 Le Nonne
Italian Restaurant

If you are EVER in Logan you should call and set up a reservation to eat here, because it is delicious and unlike any other italian food I've had. Thanks Em for our hour of fun, food, and catching up.

(the sun was really bright so we look a little squinty)

Oh and want to know the best part about meeting up with Emily? I got to see her belly :) She is 25 weeks pregnant and only 4 days ahead of me! Her baby is due Feb.1st and my babe is due Feb.5th. How cool is that?
Oh and we are both having baby boys :)

THE END

No comments:

My Followers