"What Lies Behind Us And What Lies Before Us Are Small Matters Compared To What Lies Within Us" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Our 1 Year Anniversary!
















A year has come and gone already! Can you believe it? They say the first year is the hardest and easiest. I don't know that ours was either. haha. We definately are two very different people who had to work out little details now and again. We are also very compatible and LOVE having fun. Most days our relationship was all about dancing to some song we just made up, or laughing at our silly nicknames for each other. Other days we had "serious" talks about money, goals, conflicts, and other normal "life" stuff. Looking back though, it has simply been WONDERFUL. I remember very special moments that bring me to tears and ones that make me wanna laugh till I cry! The first moment where it all began when he proposed at Timpanogos Cave after our hike up. We were on a tour with 9 other people and had made it to the "dark" room where they turn out all the lights and show you the crystals on the wall. The tour guide began telling us the purpose of crystals and their significance while pointing them out on the ceiling with his laser pointer. Suddley he illuminates something small in his hands....it's glowing bright red making it the sole provider of light in the dark cave. I focus in and realize it is a RING! Then just at that same moment a small light comes on lighting directly onto Ian...? He is on his knee! Ian gives his speech and asks me to marry him in front of the tour guide and all the other people on the tour! It was so romantic! I was completely shocked! I never even saw it coming! It was the happiest day of my life...besides the wedding of course :) I had never been so excited. I remember skipping down the trail all the way back to the car and beaming all through my math class a half hour later. I couldn't stop looking at my ring finger! This glittering shiny thing sitting on my hand! It's kinda like when you get your nails done for the very first time...you can't stop looking at them....you look at them when you drive, when you write, when you even read a magazine! Well having a ring is the same thing....It's entrancing! Our wedding day was just as magical. I remember going to sleep that night was just like going to bed as a kid on christmas eve. You know you are tired and you know you are going to want the energy to play all day and not be tired, not to mention the sooner you fall asleep the sooner christmas will come! Going to bed that night was the same. It seemed that the day would never come and I couldn't believe we were finally a day away! It seemed forever before I could fall asleep and I wanted so bad to just wake up and have it be here. Once it finally arrived it was hard to even believe it was our wedding day! I distictly remember being in the bride's room at the temple and being overwhelmed by the beauty of it and how unreal it seemed. I tried to savor every moment of it. I sat at the vanity looked in the mirrors and noticed my dress hanging on the wall. The lights....the feeling....it was breathtaking. Even more so, I remember the matron coming in and calling ian my "husband." It was like "oh yeah he's not my fiance anymore!" "we are MARRIED!" Then even more she called me "Sis. Fisher!" I couldn't help but smile :) I was no longer sis. bosch the name I had grown accustomed to my whole life was no longer my last name. It was strange to think, but empowering at the same time. It was a sense of accomplishment. I had made a decision to be proud of my whole life. I had made my family proud. I had acquired the love of a man most worthy of such love and I too had fallen deep in love with him. All selfishness had been placed aside and now commitments and sacrifices were being made all with this new last name. What a feeling!! I remember how happy I was to see all of my family there to support us, my friends, and all those people that had been apart of my life growing up. We were so privledged to have so many people at our reception as well. I was so surprised to have such a turn out at such a difficult time of year. It was a very special day, and with all the planning and stressing beforehand I'm just happy we made it all the way through! All the details I was so concerned about before seem so minor now. Life so far has been full of surprises and filled with lots of last minute changes! I have enjoyed our time together though and am so excited to celebrate one year with my husband!! For our anniversary we are going to be going to The Black Swan Inn (it's similar to Anniversary Inn) and staying in their Pirate's Suite complete with cannon faucet, barrell shower head, and hook curtain holders! In the room there is an aquarium and ship wrecked hole in the wall :) Our bed is a captians wheel and the carpet is full of jewels! We are very excited to spend sometime away again and in a fun hotel! Our honeymoon in San Diego was absolutely WONDERFUL! The place was on a tropical paradise secluded in its own little oasis. The lanscaping even included lighted tiki torches throughout the resort! It was simply enchanting :) So this year we are hoping for another magical trip :)

No comments:

My Followers