"What Lies Behind Us And What Lies Before Us Are Small Matters Compared To What Lies Within Us" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Let Them Eat Cake!

Yes, we finally got to eating our wedding cake! We had left our cake in the basement freezer of our wonderful sister and brother in law when we moved out and forgot to get it back before our one year anniversary! We finally picked it up a few weeks back when we made the trip down for the Jazz game. We even had some sparkling cider and adorable champagne glasses to go with it! So much fun! Our wedding cake originally had five different flavors, but I had saved my favorite flavor for the top so we would actually get to eat it! (Although, I didn't consider the fact that it would be a YEAR old and most likely dry and not very tasty. Smart huh?) Ian ate one peice but couldn't get over the fact it was a year old. While me on the other hand ate at least 3 peices! (Come on it WAS my favorite flavor! Almond Poppy ;) ) Not to mention it was really good! My mom had wrapped it up like five x's and placed it in one of those gallon ice cream buckets. It may not have been as good as it would have been on the wedding day....but I didn't mind :) All I can say is our cake lady did an AMAZING JOB!

This is Ian cutting into the cake.
My first peice...yum :) I swear I didn't put my ring in the picture on purpose, it just happened to be there when I took the pic!

Me on my third peice now...Ian thought I was nuts :/

No comments:

My Followers