"What Lies Behind Us And What Lies Before Us Are Small Matters Compared To What Lies Within Us" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, November 6, 2009

Carving Pumpkins!

Ian and I stayed up late the night before Halloween to get our carving done on our pumpkins! Ian obviously spent more time on his intricate detailing...but I'm equally satisfied with my end result. Some of you may want to critique our pumpkins...so they aren't those neat looking carving patterns that make your pumpkin carving look professional, but they are origianl and in my opinion quite creative! Ian always amazes me with his unique techniques :) Just for the record everything done was with a regular kitchen knife, and marker. Reminds me of the good ol' days....ah that's the way pumpkin carving is supposed to be right?! Its all about your leaving your personal touch. Now tell me how those stencils give you that. That's what I thought ;)



Now feast your eyes upon our work! lol.




Ian intently working on his pumpkin :)




And me....Yeah I'm just a little bit short of sleep can you tell? haha Don't hold it against me.

Okay so here's the finished product.......




And now for the full effect!


Are we good? Or are we good?! Right. haha. Ah. how I love Halloween.

No comments:

My Followers