"What Lies Behind Us And What Lies Before Us Are Small Matters Compared To What Lies Within Us" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Party & Gingerbread Houses

Friday was South Summit Pediatric's Christmas party, held at Dr. Lei's house.  Which I must say is BREATHTAKING (but what did you expect from a doctor right?)  We enjoyed loads of delicious homemade food and good company.  I really enjoyed chatting with all the ladies outside of work and being able to meet everyone's spouses!  Later we did a gift exchange and it was fun to see all the gifts people brought and chose and then steal!  I first unwrapped a "bop-it" but that was stolen from me...then I got a watch....that was stolen from me...but eventually I got it back.  Ian picked a package that came with 3 gifts in one!  He added new kitchen towels, and a gingerbread snowman making kit to our lovely house for the season :) It was so much fun I am looking forward to it again next year!

Saturday Ian and I had dinner at my parent's house and then made and decorated gingerbread houses! It's a tradition in my family. My mom makes the walls and roof from scratch and we glue them together and decorate!  Behold our works of art.


This is the back side of my house


And the front side...


This is Cody's


Nathan's


Ian's backside


Ian's front side


And my mom's! She always out does us all!
(My dad glued his together and then fell asleep so no pictures of his talent this year)

We always have so much fun, although it is very time consuming!  What's more fun that sitting around talking for hours while decorating and stealing ideas from those around you, though.  :) Merry Christmas Everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! How are you? Somehow I didnt' see the comment you left me on my blog until just barely. How cute are you and your husband! Life looks like its going good for you! I agree, it's so fun to see how everyones doing through blogs! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, so now I have the link to yours! Hope your doing good! Merry Christmas!

Tiffanie said...

I love that tradition! I keep hearing about all of these Christmas family traditions and I want to embed them ALL into our family! :) Miss you guys :)

My Followers