"What Lies Behind Us And What Lies Before Us Are Small Matters Compared To What Lies Within Us" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, September 20, 2010

First Day Back at Lennox

Today was my first day back in over 3 years, and it was quite the experience.  I woke up early because I was excited and nervous.  I had the feeling of an elementary aged child on their first day back to school.  There were butterflies in my stomach for the new experience and new people I would meet, but looking forward to the friends I would see and the familiar place.   

It did not end in disappointment.  My day was, in fact, better than I anticipated!  It was probably apparent I was excited to be there, because I showed up 30 min before I was scheduled.  My first day started off by having a meeting with the boss, creating my new "home", and sitting in on the job as a trainee.  I completed some orders, went over product, and realized I remember a lot more than I expected I would!  It was amazing to me all the things that came back.  It's such a wonderful feeling.  A lot has changed, but a lot has remained the same.   The office still smells of freshly made coffee and printed paper with a comforting smell that reminds you of home.  Familiar voices surprised me as I listened in on the calls.  It was reassuring to hear the sound of people that remember me and excited that I'm there!  I enjoyed being able to recite model numbers and recall details in ordering and tonnage that I didn't realize I still knew.  

I grew ever more confident of my opportunity and how grateful I am to be here. Even though these things are all familiar one thing is different.  Before, I was just a temp, today I am part of the Lennox team.  Today was the start of a new beginning for me; it was the start of my Career...and I couldn't be happier :)

2 comments:

Jen J. said...

Congrats! I hope it continues to go well for you!

Heilit and Matthew Biehl said...

Congratulations Crystal! It sounds like a wonderful opportunity for you and Ian.

My Followers