"What Lies Behind Us And What Lies Before Us Are Small Matters Compared To What Lies Within Us" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

30 Weeks

I am now in my 30th week of pregnancy. It is crazy to think I am already this far. I realize I still have a ways to go, but it still seems so quick to me. Of course this Third trimester is already starting to wear on me though. I am very uncomfortable when I have to sit for a long period of time, in a movie, at church, plays, etc. I can’t stand in one spot for very long. I feel huge all the time, but yet when I walk past a mirror I’m still shocked by how big I look. I love feeling the baby kick. That has to be the best part. Sometimes my belly will just do waves or have a bulge sticking out the side. It’s hilarious to see. I was hoping my body would start to balance out all those raging hormones by now, but I still get emotional and I am always breaking out on my face. I often feel less than “pretty” because of this, which would adequately explain why I haven’t really pushed to get an updated belly picture posted yet. There are some other unfortunate pregnancy factors that aren’t very desirable at this point, but I don’t think I need to share those. Any of you women who have been pregnant all know them well I’m sure.


With all that aside I feel pretty fortunate that this pregnancy has been going relatively smooth for me. I feel lucky that I didn’t have the morning sickness factor much longer than 12 weeks. I also have somehow avoided stretch marks up to this point…I was expecting some hideous ones starting as early as my second trimester! I’m sure they are just in hiding, and will start showing up any day now. Especially since now I will only start growing bigger and faster. I also am grateful my legs, feet, ankles, and fingers have continued to remain their recognizable shape and size (my wedding ring still fits! woohoo!)

One thing I really need to be better at is exercising and stretching more to build up for the labor. I am terrible at this. I am also starting to get nervous about just having this baby. I am, of course, worried about how the delivery will go, and breastfeeding, but also being a mom. I’m so excited to meet this baby when he comes, but I’m so afraid at the same time. I try to distract myself with projects to keep me excited, but I have hit a wall with my project making. I just don’t want to do them anymore…is that crazy? I still need to work on his crib quilt I am making, and I have completely given up on decorating the room. The crib, curtains, and décor is in shambles on the floor right now. I am hoping this weekend I can revive my inspiration and get going on it again.

Anyways, I will stop with my depressing feelings. I really am very excited about having this little boy. Ian and I talk about him being with us all the time. I am so curious to know what he will look like and what kind of personality he will have. I imagine being his mom everywhere I go, and love looking at babies all the time because I like to think what it will be like when I have one. I’m glad he is due in Feb. I think this time of year is perfect for my last trimester. I love that it is now cold and I can layer with my prego belly. I also am excited this upcoming month is going to be full of Christmas parties, family, and gift giving! I love this time of year. The spirit is so strong during this time and I think it’s a great way for me to get out of my slump ;) It will also probably make the time go by pretty fast! Then, before I know it Christmas will be over, and the New Year will be here! After that, I will have only one month left. Wow. Hopefully I can be ready by then 

Well, that is all for now. I will wait to post again when I am in a bit better mood maybe? Ha ha. I will also work on getting that 30 week pic ;)

2 comments:

l.k. said...

Hey!! Don't worry about labor and stuff. I started to worry towards the end, but seriously I didn't do ONE THING to prepare and everyone just helps you through it. You will do great! I feel like your pregnancy has gone by so fast. You will be a great mommy... I'm so excited for you. :)

Rob and Vienna said...

Well, you know that I definitely know how you feel :) Just know these blues will soon be over and before you even know it you'll be holding your baby! Labor is not an easy thing but just don't fret too much about it; it will come and it will pass and after you have him you will be so proud of yourself. It really is one of the most amazing moments in the world and nothing can prepare you for it. Have so much fun these last few weeks; they are a little rough but they will fly by, and you just might find yourself missing them once they're over. Can't wait to see your nursery once you're finished, and even more, can't wait to see that cute boy!

P.S. I'm sure you look just beautiful, even though you might not feel like it; I remember that all too well. I wish I could tell you that part gets better after the baby comes...But alas, here I sit, rocking the mom bun in my hair and wearing sweatpants. Oh well :)

My Followers