"What Lies Behind Us And What Lies Before Us Are Small Matters Compared To What Lies Within Us" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Day for Me

Yesterday was a day just for me. I had a gift certificate that my mother-in-law had given me last Christmas to a Salon & Spa in Draper. I still hadn't used it yet when I found out I was pregnant back in June, so I decided I would wait till I was in my third trimester and get a massage rather than waste it on an expensive hair cut/color. 

Well, yesterday just happened to be the day I had set aside 3 months ago to get this massage.  For those of you that have never had a massage, oh it is marvelous. I arrived early to ensure I didn't infringe on my massage time and was taken to the cozy room where I got ready. They had a special pregnancy pillow that allowed me to lay on my stomach and have a place for my growing belly.  The masseuse worked out muscles in my lower back, shoulder blades, massaged my legs, feet, neck, head, and face. It was THE MOST COMFORTABLE I have been my whole pregnancy.  As soon as I got up and changed I immediately noticed how my back, shoulders, and neck no longer had any soreness or tension in them. I felt completely relaxed.  It was amazing to feel so calm and peaceful after feeling so sore and uncomfortable these past few weeks.  I would HIGHLY recommend this massage to any expectant mother who is struggling through their last trimester as long as you can spare the $ it is totally worth it!

After the massage I had my hair done at a beauty school. Then, I ended my pampering session for the day by getting a pedicure with my sister-in-law at a nail salon.  We chatted as we sat in our reclining massage chairs and had our feet rubbed and toes painted :) Which I was very grateful for, since I cannot reach my toes very easily and thus have neglected my feet for quite some time now.  I now am happy to say I have very cute toes to look at (but have to make an effort to see them past my belly).

Anyways, that was my day of "ME" and it was very much needed and appreciated.  I feel like a new person.  It was just the sort up pick-me-up I think I was needing.  I felt prettier and better about myself after all of that.  Which is saying a lot for a pregnant woman in her last trimester. I usually feel less than pretty even on days I try to look good.

PS. Ian and I also had the first session of our childbirth class last night. I realized we were apparently a little late in signing up, because we are the first ones due in the whole class! Everyone else isn't due unitl the end of Feb or March! Whoops. No one told me people can start these as early as their 2nd trimester. Oh well :)

No comments:

My Followers