"What Lies Behind Us And What Lies Before Us Are Small Matters Compared To What Lies Within Us" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, December 9, 2011

Baby Update

Ian and I went into our Dr. appointment last Tuesday as a follow up from two weeks before.  Our Dr. had told us I was measuring a little small and he wanted to monitor my growth carefully to make sure the baby was growing okay.  I'll be honest, as a FTM this threw me into a panic.  I was very emotional when I heard my baby might not be  growing as he should and could not stop thinking about everything that could be wrong.  Well, after two weeks of waiting last Tuesday was the day of truth.  I apparently am still measuring small (2 CM to be exact) and although the Dr. says he is not too alarmed because I have been somewhat "small" this whole time; he still wants to schedule an ultrasound to take a closer look at baby's growth and weight.  So Ian and I go in next Tuesday for our second official ultrasound.  I'm a little nervous and a little excited.  It will be good to see the baby again, but I keep thinking the reason behind it, and that makes me nervous.  I'm confident everything is fine, and it is more just an excuse to see the baby :) but it would make me feel better if I was told I'm bigger than I'm supposed to be. (You don't hear that request EVER) lol. Although, I'm actually shocked I am being told I'm measuring smaller than I should be, because I feel huge.  I'm not sure where else this baby is going to go...except for out.  I already look like I'm going to tip over with how far my belly sticks out in front. I'm positive there is not much more room for him to grow up...so these next 8 weeks should be interesting.  The doctor did say that it may just be that my torso is long and the way my body is carrying the baby could be causing me to measure small.  I just keep thinking that must be the reason ;) ha ha.

So keep your fingers crossed and your prayers in mind when we go in next Tuesday.  We need this baby to be big and strong!

No comments:

My Followers