"What Lies Behind Us And What Lies Before Us Are Small Matters Compared To What Lies Within Us" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Online Finds


So I just have to say, I'm very excited about this diaper bag that I purchased online a few weeks back. I had been eyeing it for quite some time and even had it on my registry from Target, but it is normally $40!  I, for one, have a hard time justifying that amount of money on one bag.  So of course I just kept it on my wish list hoping I might get it from a baby shower or something if I were lucky. 

Then, over cyber weekend, to my pleasant surprise, I found this EXACT bag on sale for $19.99 through Amazon. I was so thrilled I couldn't resist.  I told Ian how badly I had wanted it and decided to see what his thoughts were.  (was I being too rash?) I mean, it is a little "girly" for having a boy on the way, but it's not like my BABY is going to be carrying it.  So I can have something pretty for ME to carry all the diapers, bottles, etc in because it's really ME using it right?  Well, Ian agreed that I should have something cute instead of something boyish.  Then, being the supportive sweet husband he is, he of course encouraged me to get it. After a little more debating on my end (I felt a little guilty buying it even if I did have my husband's approval and it is going to be a necessity)...I gave in.

As soon as it came, I was eager to see if it looked as I had imagined.  I wasn't disappointed. It was just as it appears in the picture.  It had multiple pockets for everything and a decent changing pad too.  The exterior has a waterproof coating and the straps are versatile(hand carry or over the shoulder kind).  Although I have never had to actually USE a diaper bag before, I figure it will do quite nicely.  I hope it doesn't disappoint me when that time comes.  I wanted to get a better idea how it would do, so I decided to load it up that night with all the basic necessities I thought I would need.  Again, I was impressed! I fit diapers, wipes, toys, blankets, burp clothes, bottles, etc and still had room for other items I may decide I need later! Overall I'm very pleased with my lucky find at half the price and happy with the purchase :)

The other thing I found were these...

They are vinyl stickers for walls, doors, tables, etc.  They are normally $50!!! (crazy right??) but I found them on sale through Amazon (with free shipping too!) :) Ian and I have been wanting to get these for the baby's room since the day we decided what we were naming him.  I finally have them up in the room and I think they turned out great. They are super easy to use and worked well for us because we have a wall that is slanted so we can't really hang anything on it. These allowed us to put some images and color on that wall instead of having to paint something on it.

I'm really excited with how it is finally coming together.  We have been able to get a lot of the furniture and items we needed for the room and have a few more ideas that I think will turn out fun.  I will post pictures once it is a little more complete.  We still need to set up the crib, get a mattress, and hang the blinds and curtains, along with a few other minor things that will add a finishing touch.  Overall I think it will be great for our little boy when he finally arrives :)

No comments:

My Followers