"What Lies Behind Us And What Lies Before Us Are Small Matters Compared To What Lies Within Us" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, March 8, 2012

About my boy

My little boy turned one month old last weekend.
He is already growing so fast! I love the little chunky baby he is becoming.

At one month he has just recently started sleeping in 4 hour increments during the night (yay!)
He will sleep in his crib, play pen, or bassinet next to mommy & daddy's bed really well, but his favorite place to sleep?

Mommy's Lap


He occassionaly gives us hints of his smile...I'm not sure if they are voluntary yet or if they are just "gas" as they say, but whatever they are, they are sure are cute and always make me smile.


He has also gotten very clever with his eating habits. He has realized that he is in control over his food and will "latch on" and detach as he pleases. This occurs multiple times during each feeding. He also finds it necessary to squirm all around including whipping his head while still attached near the end of his feeding. Fun for Boston, not as fun for mom as you can imagine ;)

I have a feeling this is only the beginning. I am starting to think he is going to be quite the handful for us in the months and years to come...

1 comment:

Vienna said...

Oh my gosh, Nolie did that same thing when I would nurse her when she was about that age too! It hurt so bad when she'd latch on and off over and over again, and when she'd shake her head around still latched on. To be honest, I really didn't like nursing those first six weeks, but after that it got way better and we're still going strong! I just needed to push past those first couple months. Hopefully he'll quit those silly little habits soon and give his poor mama a break. He sure is a cute little guy!

My Followers