"What Lies Behind Us And What Lies Before Us Are Small Matters Compared To What Lies Within Us" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, September 2, 2013

Ah ha Moments...

Since I'm pretty sure no one reads this blog anymore anyways, I'm going to take a few moments to vent. I've been without a computer for months and just today got a loner. After spending an hour or so reading everyone's updates and looking at cute pictures, I'd just like to share my thoughts about life in my world, and from my perspective. I'd like to consider it as my realizations these past few months. Maybe some hard lessons learned, and some important ones. Conclusion #1: Not all friends are actually your friends. Nor are they usually friends you can call a "friend for life." I will be sticking to the people that want to stick with me. I've given up trying to be friends with people that don't put me in their priorty list, when I've tried hard to put them in mine. I also need to pay more attention to those people who have put me in theirs and be sure I'm returning the favor. I realize now how valuable this is. Conclusion #2: Family is important and even though all their planning, parties, expectations, emotions, and history together drive me absolutely crazy. They are the ONLY ones that I can always depend on to be there when I need them or when my life is exciting, hard, depressing, or just going okay. They care about me more than an friend ever will. This is something I need to remember and realize my time with them needs to be made important even if not every family get together is always fun. Conclusion #3: Always be positive in everything you do. Life can really suck sometimes, but it's only going to be worse if you let it seem worse. Find the positive in every day, and let everyday have accomplishments that keep you going. Conclusion #4: There's no getting "it right." I have good days, when I get my house clean, my child is cared for and clean, we've played, and I have a hot meal waiting for my man when he walks in the door. I also have days when my house is a mess, my child has been through 3 different outfits and still looks like he's never been cleaned, and my hubby walks in with dishes in the sink and no dinner even in my mind. So what I'm saying is everyday is a new day to try your best. Everyday I choose something I am going to do. I can't have a clean house all the time, because then my child wouldn't have awesome play days, or I might never get to relax. No one has it all together all the time. Just remember that. They are just as good as you, and vise versa. We are all just doing our best, and yet there is plenty to learn from one another! (It's not like our best can't improve ;)) Conclusion #5: Life is a gift. I am loving everyday. We've had lots of ups and downs here but I'm so happy to have such a blessed life. Love every minute you can, because it really truly is a gift. THE END.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this! I've had to remind myself several times that blogs and facebook posts are not true reality :) You're amazing, Crystal, I hope you know that! You've inspired me and given me motivation many times to do better in my life!

My Followers