"What Lies Behind Us And What Lies Before Us Are Small Matters Compared To What Lies Within Us" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Boston is 2!

Well, I have come to terms with the fact that I am a terrible blogger. I keep thinking I will post this or that and then I always find something more important to do. So I'm finally taking the time to post about Boston turning 2, because I feel that it is important to record this. It also is fun to share lots of pictures of my cute 2 year old :)

We had a Thomas the Tank Engine themed birthday party for Boston because he has been obsessed with Thomas for quite a while now. I have lots of fun planning and coming up themes, and since I no longer have any friends or family that are going to need showers anymore its a good thing I have birthday parties to look forward too :) lol. So anyways I'm really happy with how the party turned out, but next year I think I will try reserve the gym at our church so we have a lot more room! Here's a few pictures of the party.


Cake & food table

 Thomas Cake and Cupcakes

 The plates/napkins/silverware. Everything was red, blue, and yellow!

 The "Sodor Water Tower" and railroad striped straws (I love using paper straws! They just make drinks more fun right?)

  
 The "Diesel Fuel" were just for the kids at the party, they loved it.



We even had this huge Thomas and Percy poster for all the kids to take a picture with.


This is Boston's Thomas Tent he got for Christmas. The kids loved playing in it at the party!


 And this is a view of all the tables and decorations.


Blowing out the candles


Hitting the pinata. What a stud!

I was a little stressed for time on the day of the party. I wanted to make sure I got Boston's nap in and knew I would need a few hours to set up everything. I tried to plan accordingly, but I wasn't able to get everything set up and take pictures before everyone got there. I would have liked to be able to show you what I did for my table centerpieces and some of the games I made for the kids. We also had treat bags, conductor hats, and a pinata for the kids to hit. It was a crazy day and the party was a blur, but we had lots of fun! Boston even blew out his own candles :) I was so impressed. He was so excited that everyone was singing to him and knew just what to do. lol. 
That little boy just surprises me everyday! I can't believe how grown up he is getting!

Happy Birthday Bosser!

No comments:

My Followers