"What Lies Behind Us And What Lies Before Us Are Small Matters Compared To What Lies Within Us" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, January 19, 2012

37 Weeks!!! & Nursery Update

37 WEEKS

This is me at 37 weeks (& 3 days)
I'm am officially "full term" and baby can come any day :)


Nursery Update:
Just for a little info/background in case you aren't already aware, we are naming our little boy Boston. When we decided this Ian thought it would be neat to decorate his room like the Boston Red Sox. (sorry in advance for those of you who don't like sports themes) 
 I liked the idea because it would be fun to be able to buy lots of things with his name on them, and I liked the colors of the Boston Red Sox.  (Dark Blue, Red, and Green)

So thus became the Baseball themed room you see below.


This is the closet door, Ian painted it the color of the "green monster" from Fenway Park.

The "Boston B" hangs above his changing table and I coordinated the baskets red, blue, and brown. The quilt you see hanging on the crib was made by me, my mom, and grandma. The crib was given to us by Ian's sister and was painted red for us when we got it. (It may have played a part in our color influence as well ;)

Here you can see the Boston vinyl wall stickers I got online that has his name, Wally the green monster, and some of the Boston Red Sox Logos.

This is our big puffy rocker/recliner chair that we fell in love with and I posted about months ago.  We found the side table on Black Friday for a killer deal, and when I found the baseball lamp at half price I had to have it to add to the room :)

This is the closet. I'm posting this because I love the drawers Ian found that fit perfectly inside.  We debated about what we should get to keep the baby's clothes in for a long time because there was no space for a dresser. After months of no resolve we put the issue aside (or so I thought) until two days ago to my surprise I came home to these :) I couldn't have been more excited about plastic bins than I was right then. (and they are blue!)

This is that basket/table I found in Logan a while back that I posted about. I still love this piece and am so happy I got it. It will be great to hold all the burp cloths, toys, hats, etc. and I think it fills the odd space between the door and closet very well. I found the bear at Savers and loved it. I think I spent a total of $.97 on it. (I washed it of course) and the books were a Dollar Store Splurge.

All in all I'm very happy with how the Nursery turned out. I think the colors came together even though I was worried they might not!

I don't think it's very typical of what people expect a "nursery" to be, but that's okay. I'm glad to know that these colors and decor will carry with him till he is a toddler and older and I really didn't want his room to look like it came from a catalog where I just picked a set out and bought a,b,c, & d from the page. It also meant a lot to me that Ian was very involved in deciding what we would do in the room and helping me pick out items or come up with ideas for it.


Now we just need to have the little one here to use it! :)

1 comment:

Tiffanie said...

Crystal! His room is beautiful. You did a great job!

My Followers